Winner of ten design awards to date—including the Design Distinction Award in the prestigious ID Design Review 2000 competition—the Freedom chair by Niels Diffrient has revolutionized the task chair industry. Its weight-sensitive recline, synchronously adjustable armrests, and dynamically positioned headrest set new standards for task chair performance and functionality to keep the sitter exceptionally comfortable while also lowering the risk of long-term injury.
- Self-Adjusting Recline- Intelligent counter-balance recline mechanism automatically provides the right amount of support through the full range of recline motion, regardless of user size and weight
- No tension springs to adjust
- No recline locks to set/release -During recline, the angle between torso and legs opens up for better body function. User maintains near-constant eye level during recline
- Pivoting Backrest – Extra motion of the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of the spine
- Provides up to 1” additional lumbar support when needed
- Synchronous Armrests – Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate uneven arm positioning. Natural lift and release action for immediate repositioning without buttons or locks
- 6” range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks
- Can be positioned below thigh level for close table or desk work
- Attached to backrest so arms stay in same relation to body during recline
- Duron arm pad for durability and comfort
- Standard Cylinder – Provides seat height range that accommodates 95% of the population
- Contoured Cushions – Carefully sculpted to match body contours
- Increased contact area reduces pressure points – Modular for easy replacement
- Body Fit – Size adjustable to fit more than 95% of the population
- Hard Casters
Optional Features available are listed below. These will be charged at an additional cost. Please contact us for pricing.
Gel Seat Cushion
- Non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel® layer on top of foam core
- Provides maximum pressure distribution
- Offers unmatched, long-term comfort
Arm Pad Option
- Flexible Duron
- Technogel® for optimal comfort
- Advanced Armrests
- Low cylinder for small users
- Tall cylinder for very tall users
- High cylinder with foot ring
- 5” soft double-wheel casters for hard floors
- Non-rolling glides for fixed-location use
- 5” locking casters
** Price stated is for powder coated aluminium and fabric. Polished aluminium and a leather finish is available at an additional cost.
5 year warranty on the Freedom Chair’s cushions and upholstery and a 15 year warranty for all other parts.